Translate

Saturday 20 August 2011

Spraying Session

Quite a lot done, for me that is.


I was doing a tester/sample for the battle board, so:



I took a piece a polystyrene and coated it with a thin film of sand on one side, and dirt on the other. The dirt part sounds strange, but someone suggested it on http://www.thelastalliance.com/, so I'm going to compare the results afterwards.



After leaving it for a day or so I shook off the excess. Then applied a coat of watered down glue .




After leaving that to dry...




The next(and final) step was to apply spray paint to the piece.


I was most worried about this part,since spray paint and polystyrene don't go well together. But with the glue coating should hopefully protect it.


Seeing as I was using the paint, I whisked up some models glued sand to the base etc. 




In the picture before the spraying:

  • 12 Warriors of Minas Tirith
  • 11 Rangers of Gondor/Arnor 
  • Mounted Theodred
  • 2 25mm bases, for future use as objectives.
  • 8 Praetorian Guard + Centurion and two men with shields (Probably Auxiliary infantry) 
  • Unattached spears of Rangers and warriors, Elessar's right arm (from mounted version)
  • And a piece of rocky terrain.

The results




Well, I think it worked. The polystyrene didn't melt or anything like that. Even the unprotected sides, which caught some of the paint, remain solid.


A closer look at the tester piece. With flash.



Without flash




So, you might see some painting of mine up this or next month.


Until then

Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger